Because travelling, like life and love, is part fantasy, part reality. Indulging in the fantasy keeps me going, while awareness of reality keeps me alive.
Hi, I’m Aaron!
I spend most of my days crunching data (or trying to get them to crunch themselves into beautiful analysis) in sunny Singapore, and most of my evenings dreaming of my next big escape, if not already there.
While many travel bloggers quit their day jobs to travel the world, I’ve decided to keep that part of reality. (at least for now). Indeed, it has became part of the fantasy of holding a job I enjoy, yet being able to go a big trip a year. It has also forced me to pick my trips much more carefully. I try to find destinations which offer a good balance of accessibility and cost, yet offering a different experience from the usual suspects. taking me closer to the realm of fantasy, while being just steps away from the comfort of reality.
That focus has brought me to places such as:
- the shores of the largest lake in the world, in Siberia, just a train ride away from the megacity of Beijing
- a hiking trail through vast open valleys, snow capped peaks and pristine lakes in Swedish Lapland, just an hour’s bus ride away from the city of Kiruna
- and many more slightly off the beaten path destinations that have left me very much in awe
Not all posts here are on exotic destinations though, but i hope to provide a different perspective. I hope that inspires you to find another perspective to them too.
While travelling, I try my best to indulge in the fantasy without getting myself killed, of which i have nearly became unsuccessful at on a couple of occasions by now. Nonetheless, these trips, on recollection, have felt dreamlike, and I hope to be able to inspire you to live out your dreams by taking that big step into the unknown, towards all that feels unreal (be in in travelling or other pursuits), to make your life as real as it can be.
Thank you for visiting!
Lots of love,
- Facebook: @aaronteohofficial
- Instagram: @aaronteohcom
- Pinterest: @aaront_90
- Email: aaron(at)aaronteoh(dot)com